Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of specialist clinics and healthcare services:
Antenatal/Postnatal Care - we offer a shared care with the hospital consultant and community midwife. Midwives are available every friday morning and afternoon.
Contraception Clinic - Drop in clinic, no appointment necessary every Monday 3pm - 5pm
Family Planning - We provide a full range of family planning services including coils; caps and implanon. Please ask at reception for an appointment.
Flu Clinic - We run several flu clinics during the autumn.
Health Checks - a general health check appointment is offered to any patient:
- aged 40-74 (who does not see a clinician regularly for chronic disease management)
- aged 75 and over (who has not seen a GP in the last year)
General checks will cover health and weight, lifestyle advice, blood pressure, blood tests (as appropriate) tetanus status.
Minor Surgery - If your doctor feels it appropriate, some minor operations may be performed in our treatment room rather than referring you to the hospital.
Podiatry Clinic - Weekly clinics alternate Wednesday morning/Thursday afternoon with a qualified podiatrist.
Travel Vaccinations - we are a registered yellow fever vaccination centre and also offer a wide range of vaccines for those travelling abroad.
Well Baby Clinic - health visitors, practice nurses and a GP are available for advice, routine weight checks and immunisations on Tuesdays 10:30 - 12:00. No appointment necessary, however if your child is ill please make an appointment to see a GP in the normal way.
The practice nurses and healthcare assistants also provide the following services:
- Asthma/CHD monitoring
- Blood Tests
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Cervical smears
- Contraception / Implanonl
- Diabetic monitoring
- Health Checks
- Immunisations - tetanus & rubella
- Removal of stitches/wound dressings
- Review all chronic conditions
- Sexual health check and advice
- Smoking and diet advice
- Spirometry tests
- Travel Vaccinations (we are also a yellow fever vaccination centre) * see non NHS services