A&E OR 999
Choking Go to A&E or ring 999
Chest pain Accident and Emergency
Severe bleeding Departments provide immediate
head injury/blacking out Emergency care in very serious
Overdose Or life-threatening situations .
Suspected broken bone
In an emergency you should go directly to your local A&E department/dial 999
Generally you should treat the situation as an emergency if:
· The person has stopped breathing or their heart has stopped.
· The person is experiencing severe chest pain or is having trouble breathing.
· There is severe bleeding from any part of the body.
· The person is, or has been unconscious.
· There has been a serious head injury.
· The person has a severe burn/scald.
· The person has a severe allergic reaction.
· The person has a numbness or weakness down one side/ or has problems understanding what you are saying.
· There is suspected broken bone or dislocation.
· The person is experiencing severe stomach ache that cannot be treated by over-the-counter remedies.
· The person has overdosed or poisoned themselves.