Please read FAQ prescription online ordering before following the above link to order prescriptions .
If you do not have any items on repeat, please click on the link to login and then type your request in the ask a question box.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. Prescriptions will be ready for collection after 17:00
If ordering acute medication see FAQ Prescritions online ordering.
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- If you, or someone you care for, use the same medicines regularly, you may not need to get a new prescription every time you need more medicine. Ask your doctor or nurse about repeat prescribing.
- Electronic Prescription Service - We offer the Electronic Prescription Service, which allows you to choose or "nominate" a pharmacy to get your medicines or appliances from. Your GP then sends your prescription electronically to the place you nominated, this mean:
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from you GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription, saving time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long as your repeat prescripitions could be prepared before you arrive.
- At the Chemist - some chemists offer a prescription collection service. Please ask at you chemist for details.
- In person – drop your repeat slip in the box provided at reception having clearly marked the required items.
- By post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you. Please ensure however that the size of envelope and postage attached is sufficient for the amount of prescriptions you are ordering.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications . Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.